The final result of hair transplantation can be observed 9-12 months after the operation. It all depends on the characteristics of your body.
However, despite effective treatment, even in this case transplanted within the first month after it is carried out, it begins to grow again after a while. To better understand this issue, it is important to know some features of hair growth.
At any given moment, only about 90% of the hair grows on the person’s head, while the remaining 10% remain in the resting phase. Thus, physiological loss in the amount of 50-100 hairs per day is a direct consequence of this cycle. Allocate:
Anagen phase (growth): Duration – 2-5 years (in women this figure is higher). For this period, such phenomena as lengthening of the follicle, activation of melanocytes, cambial elements of the bulb and papilla, root growth are characteristic. During the anagen phase, the cells actively divide, so that a person can notice a monthly lengthening of their curls about 1 cm.
Catagenic phase (regression): Duration – 2-3 weeks. During this period, there is an end to the division of cells in the bulb, the terminal part of the hair thickens, forming a so-called flask. There is apoptosis (natural cell death).
The body phase (rest): Duration – up to 3 months. During this period, the hair flask, formed in the phase of the catagen, is in the follicle, while the processes of proliferation (cell division) completely cease. The final fallout occurs with the withering off of the flask this process gives rise to a new growth cycle.
Violation of the blood supply directly affects the condition of the scalp. The procedure of transplantation consists in taking hair follicles or grafts from the donor zone and then implanting them into the recipient area.
In this case, microdamage of vascular tissue is a natural result of this process. The transplanted hair will not get enough nutrition, as the circulatory network will not have time to form around its follicle. Accordingly, almost immediately after the transplant, the patient will notice hair loss they will go into a rest phase and resume their growth in about three months. That’s when the doctor can predict the first results of transplantation.
Over time, the hair shafts will thicken, the patient will be able to note their visual density. The maximum result can be achieved two years after the transplant operation.
The first 10 days after the transplant, we do not recommend smoking, alcohol abuse, active sports, significant physical activity, prolonged exposure to the open sun that is all that can cause excessive sweating and sudden changes in the blood supply to the scalp.
In 10-15 days after the operation, you can begin to practice light sports. Within 2-3 weeks after the transplant, bathing in the sea, swimming pool, visiting the sauna and other thermal procedures, as well as excessive ultraviolet exposure to direct sunlight or a solarium should be avoided.